expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Obsession #1: Nails//colours: Tips! What colour should you wear based on your skin tone.

Tuesday 28 April 2015










As you have probably already noticed I like my nails to match my outfit, that's why there's 5-6 shades of one colour! Anyway I thought it would be a good idea to give you some tips on how to pick the perfect nail colour for you based on your skin tone! I hope you will find it useful and interesting so here we go! 

Nail colour based on SKIN TONE:

Pale skin- yellow, orange, red
Colours for pale skin are very limited as it has pinkish undertones, therefore any colour with warm undertones such as yellow, gold, orange etc. will be perfect for you as they won't make your skin look ''too sallow''.
AVOID dark colours such as black or dark purple!


Medium skin- beige, camel, brown
You're very lucky you can pull off almost every colour!  Remember nude colours suit you best!
AVOID gold!


Olive skin- gold, dark green, dark purple, black, orange
Simply, dark colours suit you best, whether it's tan or your natural skin colour look for dark colours! (However, with today's fashion, tan looks really good with WHITE and baby blue).
AVOID pastel colours.


Dark skin-  purple, burgundy, red, black, cherry
Any dark shade will suit you, the darker the better! 
AVOID light colours, like beige, blue or yellow, as they will make your skin look flat and dull.



5 comments:

  1. Nice tips! I have pale/medium skin and the shades I love the most to wear are red and brown :)

    xxo,
    Mafalda || bymafaldacosta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to wear beige and brownish shades myself! They blend in with the skin nicely and look fairly natural!:)

      Delete
  2. very nice!! thanks for the tips!! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you have such a fantastic collection! I thought I had a fair few, but now I feel as though I'm severely lacking in the nail-polish department haha! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And if you're obsessed with doing your nails like me then trust me you won't even know when your collection is gonna get bigger!:D

      Delete